Envisioning the post-iPad world of personal computers…
April 24, 2011 Leave a comment
First, let me start by saying that I’m a big fan of my iPhone & iPad… Is it perfect? No! Not by far!
- iPad is cumbersome. Holding it in one hand & reading is guaranteed to cause pain. Typing on the iPad for any length of time is sure to aggravate your carpal-tunnel syndrome
- Viewing movies on iPad is far from satisfying.
- But it is good enough for consuming small amounts of data regularly. And the iPad is a very capable computing device powerful enough to do most common personal computing tasks – browsing, emails, videos, docs.
- Display & the actual computer will be decoupled.
- The computer will be the one that accompanies you all the time – your future superphone.
- The display as well as the keyboard/mouse will be a separate device that is appropriate to the task at hand – either a TV or a projector or a tablet or a laptop or just a small phone display.
- Your computer will always be connected – Wifi or 4G.
- But the data on your computer will all come from the cloud – or atleast be backed up there. So losing your computer wont be as traumatic.